About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am railway and aviation enthusiast who loves to travel. I am happiest when I am traveling.

Monday 11 November 2013

They Need Your Help

We all love flying to some far off destination, enjoy ourselves and then take back with us gifts and memories. What do we leave behind? I once came across this web site Stuff Your Ruck Sack that invites travelers to take some stuff with them on their holiday and help a local charity. They via their web site, help put travelers in touch with those who need help the most.
Once again on my latest trip to Bali I put some time aside to visit Yayasan Kasih Peduli Anak a home for children rescued from the streets of Bali by a wonderful lady called Ibu Putu. They were saved from a life of crime, physical and sexual abuse and are given a fresh start with education and TLC.


There are about 24 children from various religious backgrounds at the current moment, from toddlers to 17 year olds, some with disabilities taken care by Ibu Putu. As always I buy some basic needs like rice, oil, eggs and some apples for the children.

However I was shocked to see the current situation of the home. They had to change the roof as it was leaking badly but have run out of funds to finish. There is no electrical wiring done so the girls room have only one light and the bathroom has none. Their compound is full of construction debris. They really need assistance to complete the roof/electrical wiring and to clean up the home.

Please go to their web site and see how you can help it's http://www.ykpa.org/ if you are planing a trip to Bali try to drop by. Go also to www.stuffyourrucksack.com to find out about other charities around the world for your next trip.

With Ibu Putu next to me and some of the children
Thank you in advance for taking a step to help them. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment