About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am railway and aviation enthusiast who loves to travel. I am happiest when I am traveling.

Sunday 24 November 2013

A Betterfly on the RBA 787 Dreamliner part 3

Both flights had a very light load. To BWN there were around 70 passengers including a rugby team and the return just 41. In fact I had the whole zone C and 3 crew to myself!
Me, myself and I plus 3 cabin crew at the back
On the flight out there was only the safety card in the seat pocket....seemed like they have forgotten everything else. Luckily on the way back the usual can be found, the inflight magazine and the entertainment guide.
The was no safety video, the safety demonstration was done manually.
 
The crew on the two flights were like night and day. On the KUL-BWN sector there was only 1 female crew. While the crew were by no way rude, they seemed just disinterested at best. The rugby team kept asking for extra food etc and they entertained them but didn't try to be friendly at all. Most could hardly break a smile, only after I made an effort to break the ice did they warm up. Only one crew walked around with a smile and was very welcoming. Apparently just been flying for 3 months....that must account for the enthusiasm.
The crew that was the best on the KUL-BWN sector
On the return flight the crew were friendly and seemed to enjoy what they were doing. From the moment I stepped on board you knew they were going to make the flight a good one. I told them the reason for my trip was just to fly on the 787 and to my delight and surprise, after landing the crew said they would like to invite me to the cockpit to meet the captain!
A pleasant surprise to be invited into the cockpit

The lovely crew from the return flight

Meal service on both sectors was good. Delicious and substantial meals that would make any passenger happy. The meal carts had a good selection of drinks minus alcohol as RBS is a "dry" airline.



A green jelly desert and seafood pasta salad for starters

A spicy beef rendang with rice and lentils dinner
 This wasn't the best but nothing to complain about. Only the jelly desert was a bit bland.

Mains of Chicken Masala with Briyani, seafood salad and coconut mouse
This meal on the KUL-BWN flight was delicious. Warm bread and hot coffee made the difference.
The business class seat
I would not hesitate to fly RBA again, the product was good and the 787 would be the tie breaker. While the crew were inconsistent, they were pleasant nonetheless. Sure they are a "dry" airline but I can survive without the alcohol. A 5 star airline? No not yet but a 4 and a half star for sure and much better than the so called 5 star Malaysia Airlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment