About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am railway and aviation enthusiast who loves to travel. I am happiest when I am traveling.

Tuesday 19 November 2013

A Betterfly on the RBA 787 Dreamliner part 1

Image from RBA 
Royal Brunei Airlines is the first South-East-Asian airline to operate the B787 Dreamliner and of course I was interested in planting my bum on a seat and trying out the plane that has been making headlines of late for all the wrong reasons. Being a long-haul aircraft that is going to change the way we fly, I can't afford a long-haul flight right now but luckily RBA decided to use the 787 for a month to KUL, BKI, SIN and MNL before launching the flights it was intended for, to DXB and LHR.
Image from RBA 
RBA offered tickets on the 787 to BWN from KUL at RM99 one-way plus taxes so of course I grabbed the lap-top and made a booking. On the morning of 12 November I arrived at the KL Sentral city terminal to drop my bag and have my documents checked. This was done by Malaysia Airlines as they are code-share partners on this route. I was like a kid in a candy store when this beautiful plane came into view as I travelled on the aero-train to the satellite building of KLIA
Parked at gate C4 is the second 787 for RBA - V8-DLB. You have got to love the sleek lines of the 787.
If the A380 is a big huge ugly "HE", this lovely beauty is a "SHE". Boeing sure knows how to make a plane look good.
A lady at the wheel today as we wait to board and will it be a Betterfly?

Image from RBA 

Part 2 coming soon........

1 comment: