About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am railway and aviation enthusiast who loves to travel. I am happiest when I am traveling.

Saturday 1 March 2014

Jakarta back and forth...flight No 1

I received an invite to be a judge at the 2014 Asian English Olympics in Jakarta which would involve me staying there for 6 days. However on the morning of my departure I was asked to attend an event on in the middle of that 6 days and I could not turn it down. To kill two birds with one stone I decided to fly back to Kuala Lumpur for a few hours before returning back to Jakarta. I quickly went on line to find flights that had suitable timings and once done I headed to the airport for flight no 1 on Malindo Air OD316.
 
I arrived to a very empty check-in area, which was a huge difference from my last Malindo Air experience. Check-in was quick but I would have just preferred to check-in online but international flights are not entitled to on-line check-in with Malindo.

Boarding was quick for the almost full flight, with crew in the cabin to welcome and assist. I got the exit seat that I requested and settled in. Once boarding completed, the usual announcement, safety demo on video and we were on our way.

Taxing pass the Thai AirAsiaX A330 waiting for the turmoil in Bangkok to end before taking to the skies

Nice reflection of the winglet
Soon after the seat-belt sign was switched off the crew distributed the complimentary water and biscuit. Nothing to shout about. They also offered headsets for sale as while the AVOD was "free" the headphone were not. The selection of movies was limited and a bit dated but better than nothing. I just kept myself entertained by watching a bit of an Indonesian movie and the route map.
Cream crackers and water.......prison food?
 Next round was the buy-on-board option. As my client had not pre-booked my meal and the manage booking option does not allow me to do it myself, I was hoping that there would be enough for me! It was lunch time after all! Once again Malindo does not provide a menu, so one had absolutely no idea what is available. After a Q&A session with the crew manning the cart I decided it will be Nasi Briyani again and once again it was delish!
Chicken Briyani


The pleasant flight arrived on time but the wait for baggage took a good 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment