About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am railway and aviation enthusiast who loves to travel. I am happiest when I am traveling.

Monday 21 October 2013

Airline Meals part 2


When I was I crew, I use to think that we were insane to serve a hot meal on the Johor Bharu - Kuching sector which is just over an hour long. In fact we would rush on sectors to Jakarta, Kuching, Bangkok. After leaving, I realised that other airlines serve hot meals on shorter sectors and do it without the chaos and rushing we had. I flew on a 1 hour flight with Jet Airways from Chennai to Kochi on an ATR72. Knowing that it was a turbo prop, I expected some cold sandwiches at best. Once seated the lovely crew served a welcome drink before take-off and to my surprise once in the air, I heard the sound of ovens coming on. Minutes later the lovely ladies were in the cabin serving a hot breakfast.

I picked the vegetarian breakfast and it was lovely
This vegetarian main was superb
Came with fresh cut fruit

A croissant and jam too

The other choice was an omelette
All this was served with coffee and the crew were as gracious as ever. On the return flight it was lunch with a vegetarian and chicken choice.
Chicken please


So maybe it was a small plane and easy to serve. When that isn't true either. I have flown on Garuda between Jakarta and Denpasar and they also serve a hotmeal on a 1 hour flight on both A330 and B747-400 aircraft.
Shrimps and noodles...yum


During Ramadhan it was served in a box so that those fasting could take the meal back
So what did I get recently on a MAS flight from KUL to Phuket?

A box full of sweet stuff and a dry meat roll

No comments:

Post a Comment