About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am railway and aviation enthusiast who loves to travel. I am happiest when I am traveling.

Sunday 20 October 2013

Airline meals part 1

Why do you choose a particular airline? More often than not, it's because of the price if you are paying from your own pocket. It's a bonus if we get good food along with the cheap ticket but these days, I am fine about paying for food on board as long as it taste good. In fact, I prefer "buy-on-board" as I get to eat what I want and not what some airline accountant behind a desk, deep in the basement of an airline office, thinks I should eat, taking into account how much he thinks the airline should spend on the meal. Sometimes a simple drink and a small bite is enough.
A little muffin and a juice that is just nice for a short hop to Penang on Firefly
Some airlines make it a grand affair. Emirates has always been my favorite when it come to airline meals. Jet Airways of India blew my mind with an elaborate breakfast in business on a flight to Chennai

A beautiful Indian Vegetarian meal served on fine china on Jet Airways
Remember when Malaysia Airlines served great food. Today MAS is a sad shadow of what it use to be. Below is an example. Let's compare what was served pre-cost cutting on the KUL/DPS sector.
An economy tray filled with food
Then came Idris Jala and his bloody snack-box
This sad nasi lemak with nothing but half and egg and sambal kosong
So I will post more photo's soon and share what I think. Selamat menjamu selera if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment