About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am railway and aviation enthusiast who loves to travel. I am happiest when I am traveling.

Saturday 19 July 2014

MH17

As I prepared to go to bed on the 17th of July,  I reached for my phone to check my facebook page and there it was this post by a friend "RT @flightradar24: BREAKING NEWS
Reports says that a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 with 295 souls onboard has crashed in Ukraine near the Russian border MH17". 

My first reaction was it was bad joke, a mistake, it can't be true. I switched on the TV and there it was on Skynews. I felt my heart stop, my gut twist and just wanted to scream. No no no not again. I had been a cabin crew of Malaysia Airlines from 1989 till 1996 and instantly I realised that I must know some of the crew on board.
Minutes later I received a message and it was a photo shot of the General Declaration for the flight and there were names that I recognised and this horrible incident just hit home.
Yes I am angry that people I knew and other innocent souls lost their lives in this despicable act.
What angered me even more was what unfolded on both the social media and mass media, stupid comments, insensitive remarks and disrespect. Why would people post photoshop photos claiming it was the wreckage, video of other accidents and claiming it was MH17, post photo's of the remains?
Why? What joy do you get from this? What twisted mind finds satisfaction in these acts? You are as despicable as the evil that pulled the trigger.   
I avoid reading facebook and just silently pray for the souls of the passengers and crew of MH17 that became victims of this heinous act against humanity.
God bless their souls and may they rest in peace, may the perpetrators be brought to justice. 
God bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment